Call for Proposals
The FSI Steering Committee invites college-level instructors and support professionals to submit proposals for the upcoming conference, which will again embrace the theme of Adapt, Evolve, Engage. While FSI has traditionally resided “at the intersection of teaching, learning, and technology,” proposals touching on all subjects related to excellence in teaching and student learning are encouraged.
Successful proposals will include a strong grounding in established pedagogy, research-supported practices, or significant personal experience; clear learning outcomes for participants; and clearly identified ways of using active learning techniques in the presentation of the materials. All presentations, regardless of format, should aim to enhance the growth of experienced or aspiring instructors or instructional support professionals, and thus ultimately benefit students in their learning. Please see the evaluation rubric for specific criteria.
Types of Proposals:
- Pre-Conference Workshops
- Concurrent Sessions
The deadline for pre-conference workshops is January 19th, and the deadline for Concurrent Sessions and Posters is March 4th.
Visit the FSI website to learn more and to submit a proposal.
We hope everyone has a happy and restful end of the year. Enjoy!
- Call for Exhibitors/Sponsors: Now Open
- Call for Proposals: Now Open
- Call for Pre-Conference Workshop Proposals closes: Friday, January 19, 2018
- Registration opens: Friday, February 2, 2018
- Pre-Conference Workshop presenters notified: Friday, January 26, 2018
- Call for Concurrent Session and Poster Proposals closes: Sunday, March 4, 2018
- Concurrent session and poster presenters notified: Friday, March 24, 2018
- Early registration deadline: Friday, April 6, 2018
- Regular registration deadline: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 (late/on-site still available)
- FSI Conference: May 16-17, 2018
- Early Bird Registration: $49
- Standard Registration: $59
- Late Registration: $75
- Pre-Conference Workshop: $25