Dear Faculty, Students and Staff,
Below you will find important COVID-19 testing guidance and reminders:
Guidance for after Fall Break
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health experts tell us that travel in and out of communities presents a high risk of spreading the infection. Students who travel away from the Champaign-Urbana-Savoy area for Fall Break should not return to campus until the Spring semester.
- Students who must return to campus or the local community after Fall Break should test for COVID-19 as soon as possible after you return to campus and self-quarantine until your results are available. You then must test every other day until Dec. 18, the end of the Fall 2020 semester.
- Students who return to or have remained in the community after Fall Break must limit themselves to essential activities only, such as testing, visiting the pharmacy and buying groceries through the end of the semester.
- For more information, view messages to undergraduate students, graduate students and faculty/staff.
Updates to testing locations and hours
- On-campus testing will continue to be available throughout the rest of the Fall semester and Winter Break with limited hours. View the full list of locations.
Continue to test if you reside in the community
- If you are continuing to reside in the community, stay up-to-date on your testing schedule.
- Staff members currently working on campus whose testing schedule was interrupted due to the Thanksgiving holiday should test immediately upon their return to work and coordinate with their unit/supervisor regarding building access.
- As always, be sure to check the testing location page or your Safer Illinois app before testing at your usual location.
All questions about testing or test results should be directed to the COVID Wellness Answer Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-1900.
COVID-19 Executive Steering Committee on Return to On-Campus Operations