Remember wondering what’s after high school?
More than 300 Uni students are wondering the same thing!
Uni is hosting an Alumni Agora Day April 6, 2017 for alumni to share their after-Uni experiences with current students. Alumni Agora Day is part of the inaugural ReUNIon Week (April 6-8, 2017) at Uni High School.
Your 50-minute presentation about the most interesting part of your post-Uni life can be on any topic and include anything you want - video, photos and hands-on activities are just a few of the possibilities.
While you are welcome to share your academic and job experiences, Uni students are just like you remember – interested in everything! Share your passions, your projects and your life experiences - we value our grads and all of their experiences.
This is a great opportunity to connect with our school full of outstanding students, and share your story when you return for ReUNIion week.
Here are some examples from some of our first volunteers:
- Thinking, designing and living in systems (Kevin Nortrup ‘77)
- Life Lessons: What worked in 1967 still works today (Danial Brodsky ‘67)
- General Counsel for Kentucky Educational Professional Standards Board (Lisa (Palmer) Lang ‘87)
Here are some more examples, from last year's four-day Agora classes in February
- Who invented the Weekend?: Interactive and informative glimpse into the civics, history and current events of the labor movement.
- Lemonade Stand to IPO: Basics of starting and running a business from the perspective of a business owner and the perspective of a Professor of Business Administration
- Audition Workshop: Interested in acting and/or musical theatre? This class will help you gain skills and confidence for your next audition.
Special announcement from the Athletic Director: Uni's Ema Rajic wins two state swimming titles
This weekend was a great one for Uni High's Ema Rajic and the Uni High swimming and diving team as Ema became the seventh student-athlete to win an IHSA State Championship in Uni High history. She joins Sheila Findley and Bridget O’Connor as the third Uni student-athlete to win more than one state title, setting new state records in both the individual medley and breaststroke on Saturday. She joins Arielle Summitt as the only other current Uni High IHSA State Champion. Congratulations to Ema, Coach Young and Coach Lehmann.
From The News-Gazette: Urbana Uni High's Rajic takes two titles
Uni High Individual State Champions
- 1984-1985 - Sheila Findley, 100-yard backstroke
- 1984-1985 - Monique Brown, 200-meter dash
- 1984-1985 - Ella Shoenberg, 3200-meter run
- 1985-1986 - Sheila Findley, 100-yard backstroke
- 1989-1990 - Bridget O'Connor, 200-meter dash
- 1989-1990 - Bridget O'Connor, 400-meter dash
- 1993-1994 - Cindy Wang, 100-meter dash
- 2015-2016 - Arielle Summitt, 800-meter run
- 2016-2017 - Ema Rajic, 200-yard individual medley
- 2016-2017 - Ema Rajic, 100-yard breaststroke
- Relay State Champions
- 1990-1991 - Eman Jassim, Sonia Johnson, Nadine Nicholson, Bridget O'Connor, 800-meter medley relay