IECAM Newsletter, FY2017 Issue 9
Your Data Checklist for PFA/PI Grant Applications
| ||Counties are among the many regions you can get data for in the Response to PFA and PI Request for Proposals Standard Report.|
We know putting together a Preschool for All or Prevention Initiative grant can be a daunting task. So IECAM has put together a quick checklist to help make sure that you have collected all the data you need to complete your grant application.
- Have I used the Response to PFA and PI Request for Proposals Standard Report? Have I looked at all of the geographic regions represented in my service area as well as all of the early childhood data for my service area?
- Have I used the School District Profile Standard Report? Have I looked at all of the school districts (both unit and elementary) in my service area as well as the early childhood data for my service area?
- Have I found all of the demographic data that I need to adequately describe my service area? If not, check out the Additional Links section of our special web page on PFA/PI grant applications.
- Have I checked out the materials on Concentrated Disadvantage Areas on the PFA/PI grant application page?
- Have I called the information librarian at my local public library for other sources of information and/or data in my service area?
- Have I called and/or met with my early childhood partners (e.g., Head Start, PFA, PI, child care providers)?
- Have I called and/or met with my community partners that support and contribute to child and family well-being, including physical and mental health services, housing providers, and homeless shelters?
We hope this checklist will help you in collecting all the data and other information you may need for your grant applications. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dawn Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IECAM: Your PFA/PI Grant Application Resource Center
Throughout your application process, you can always go back to IECAM's special web page for PFA/PI grants for the 2017–2018 school year. This page includes links to much of the data needed to complete the Statement of Need for the PFA and PI grant competitions.