HORSE SENSE is the study group that gathers to study for Horse Bowl and Hippology.
- Anyone is welcome to drop in to study or give horse bowl and hippology a try.
- Study groups will be split between junior (ages 8-13) and senior (14-19).
- Topics covered may include: horse anatomy and physiology, diseases, evolution, behavior, nutrition, breeds, tack and equine activities.
- Teaching may include hands-on, question and answer, multiple choice tests, slide identification, etc.
- Study sessions will help prepare youth for horse bowl and hippology competition.
- Independent study will also be recommended.
You DO NOT need a horse to participate!
Not a 4-H member yet? Join Horse Sense! NEW to 4-H members are welcome to JOIN!
Add Horse Sense as your primary club: Click the link to the Enrollment Guide.
Schedule is as follows on TUESDAYS at 6:30pm:
- Nov 9 - Lazy K Ranch
- Nov 23 - extension auditorium
- Dec 7 - extension
- Dec 21 - lazy k
- Jan 4 - extension
- Jan 18 - lazy k
- Feb 1 - lazy k
- Feb 15 - extension
- March 1 - extension
- March 8 - extension
- March 15 - extension
Please contact the Extension office for any questions or the Horse Bowl Coach, Lisa Kunzie at firstname.lastname@example.org