School of Music Summer Practice Rooms
Current School of Music graduate and undergraduate students who are between enrolled semesters for Applied Lessons. Other music majors not meeting that specific criteria may petition for access, but access is not guaranteed.
Smith Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor Practice Rooms. (Music Building remains closed to students)
Beginning Monday, July 13, 2020, a limited number of practice rooms will be available by assignment.
- Rooms will be checked out/individually assigned to 1 – 3 students on Thursday, July 9, Friday, July 10, and Monday, July 13 by appointment only.
- Access and room assignments will start on Monday, July 13 and expire on Monday, August 10 when rooms will need to be re-assigned for the Fall semester.
- Percussion students should obtain permission from Professor Moersch via email with firstname.lastname@example.org cc’d for building access, no appointment necessary.
- Specific policies, procedures, and hours of availability will be given to you at the time of key pickup.
- You must obtain a new key in order to have a room assignment, current/past keys must be returned and will not currently work.
- You must have a current and valid University of Illinois Student ID.
- If you are able to practice at home, it is recommended that you continue to do so.
- Students will be required to maintain cleanliness and wipe down surfaces touched. If you are uncomfortable with doing so, please do not register for a room.
- Practice room access may be immediately suspended if the Governor re-declares we move back to Phase 3, or upon any directive from the State, University, College, or School of Music.
- Safety and security protocols will be strictly monitored by School of Music staff and students will be expected to uphold the University code of conduct.
For more information or questions, or to request a room reservation and appointment, please reply directly to this email.
PS - If you miss 7/9, 7/10, or 7/13 to get a room, you will be able to make an appointment beginning Mon 7/27.