Data sharing plays an important role in the scientific community. Everyone benefits from data sharing, including students, other researchers, funders, and the public. This nudge describes the benefits and the best timeline to publish your data.
Benefits of sharing your research data
- Increase research impact and potential collaboration
- Enhance discoverability and relevance of your research
- Facilitate innovation and potential new discoveries
- Meet funder and publisher requirements
- Reduce the time and cost of duplicating data collection
- Reduce the likelihood of data loss over time, both for yourself and other potential users
When should you publish your data?