Welcome to the 4-H Friday Blast! If you are a new or returning family, this email should keep you up-to-date and put some handy links at your fingertips. Subscribe or Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
Happy Friday 4-H Families!
On 8/24/2021 a message from the Illinois 4-H State Director Lisa Diaz went out to all families. Please see the following link if you missed the email: https://emails.illinois.edu/newsletter/2101375551.html
The email included information on New Year Tools and COVID meeting guidelines:
Enrollment for the New 4-H Year begins in September!
Illinois STATE Fair Results
Congratulations to the McHenry County 4-H general project representatives that competed at the Illinois State Fair on August 15, 2021. As usually, our 4-H youth produced impressive results bring back many Champion, Reserve Champion & Inspire Awards! See the McHenry County 4-H members' Illinois State Fair RESULTS
EXPERIENCE Award Reminder
Include DATES on each item if possible/
Complete the description box for EACH item, do not just check the boxes
Always save a copy for your records
Don't forget to send "Thank You's" to award sponsors and livestock auction buyers! Their contribution to the McHenry County 4-H program and 4-H youth continues to help “Make the Best Better!”
All activity/event guidelines may be subject to change at any time pending reevaluation by the University or Extension.
End of the Year Information
Note: download and save fillable files to your device BEFORE typing any information. Open the new SAVED document from your device to begin typing. Always save including the name of the Child and Award.
2020/2021 4-H Experience Award applications, Secretary Record Book, and Treasurer Record Book are due by September 3, 2021 to the Extension Office OR uploaded to BOX. (Acceptable formats include electronic submission OR hard copy paper form)
4-H club Secretary and Treasurer should complete their books and submit the NEWEST version in a timely manner. The Extension office must have the leader’s end of the year packet, treasury book, and secretary book in order to open 4-H Online enrollment for 2021-2022.
Please use ONLY the NEWEST version of ALL forms found on the STATE website: https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/clubs/fiscal-resource-resources
End of Year Report Instructions– links to files & uploads for electronic files
USE the 2021 Award Recognition links, dates & deadlines guide for links to awards and submission links for the following and more!
- The Individual Experience Award application is a fillable pdf form so it is quick & easy for members to complete. There is a drop down box to indicate Multi-County, State, National or International participation (it will appear as Intern.) Most 4-H members will achieve at minimum the Bronze level.
- Project records are not required for the Experience Awards, however, we will continue to recognize OUTSTANDING records for those that choose to complete their records at county level at this time.
- Illinois 4-H Awards will be recognized at County level as well as State level. Individuals 15-18 yrs. may choose to only participate at State level without applying at county level. Please read the application requirements carefully. Tutorial Video
The Individual “My Experience Award” application is very simple to complete. The Illinois 4-H Experience Award Application for Individuals focuses on all of those events and activities that you have experienced during the 4-H year in four areas: Participation, Community Service, Leadership, and Project Learning. Depending upon the type and number of experiences you can report on, members are eligible to receive recognition on the Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond or Emerald Clover Award level. Your family calendar, 4-H records, checkmarks, and a few written details are all that’s needed for even our youngest members to submit this application.
- There are 4 dimensions of experience:
- Community Service
- Project Learning
- For each item checked, write a note to the right explaining how you completed the experience. (what the event was, dates, etc.)
- Include club, county, multi-county, state and national experiences.
- You can only count an activity in one experience location. (no double dipping)
- Sign your application and get the signature of your parent/guardian and club leader.