Join the Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute (CIRI) and the Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII) in collaboration with the the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Department of Defense (DoD) for a workshop focused on cybersecurity in the manufacturing sector.
At this event, the manufacturing and cybersecurity communities will intersect to explore threats faced by manufacturing companies of all sizes and discover efforts underway to measurably improve the cybersecurity practices of manufacturers. The intent of this workshop is to promote industry-wide adoption of the NIST CSF Manufacturing Profile, increase cybersecurity awareness, focus on workforce development, and develop low-cost, easy-to-use solutions geared toward small manufacturers. The workshop will feature panel discussions and interactive breakout sessions aimed at collaboratively improving the security and resilience of manufacturing supply chains nationwide.
Reasons to Attend:
- Learn about the current state of cybersecurity in the manufacturing sector, including the threat landscape, the gap in cybersecurity awareness, and how sector-wide improvements in cybersecurity practices can unlock the power of digital manufacturing technologies and lead to a U.S. competitive advantage
- Understand the current cybersecurity challenges facing both large and small manufacturers through panel discussions and learn how an industry-wide adoption of the NIST CSF Manufacturing Profile can serve as a foundational roadmap to improving cybersecurity practices for manufactures
- Explore the work being completed by CIRI and DMDII through a series of hands-on interactive breakout sessions, including a demonstration of the Cyber Secure Dashboard, the existing compliance-focused software-as-a-service (SaaS) available to small and medium manufacturers (SMMs), and provide suggestions for potential improvement
- Discover the efforts underway by DHS and DoD to make measurable impact in the cybersecurity practices of the manufacturing sector, including the recent announcement of the National Center for Cybersecurity in Manufacturing, which is housed within DMDII
- Network with DMDII members including manufacturers, solution providers, and universities who are interested in collaborating to increase cybersecurity awareness and effectiveness across the manufacturing sector
- Date: Tuesday, September 25 (8 AM - 6 PM CT) — Wednesday, September 26 (8 AM - 12 PM CT)
- Location: UI Labs, 1415 N. Cherry Ave., Chicago, IL 60642
- Registration Deadline: September 18 at 11:59 PM CT
- Fees: $25 for DMDII Members; $150 for Non-Members
- For the discounted government rate, email Andrea Whitesell at firstname.lastname@example.org to recieve a promo code
To learn more or to register, visit: http://go.illinois.edu/CybersecurityforManufacturingWorkshop