What is an Orientational Leader (OL)?
The OL position is designed to offer students the opportunity to implement orientation programming for new students, transfer students, and family members. Orientation Leaders can work summer and fall programming (Orange Team) or just fall programming (Blue Team).
What are the requirements for becoming an OL?
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University of Illinois
- Be a full time undergraduate student Fall 2020, Spring 2021, and Fall 2021
- Be available for LEAD 140 from 6:00- 8:00pm CST on the following dates:
- January 27th
- February 10th
- February 24th
- March 10th
- April 7th
- April 21st
- May 5th
- A passion for the University of Illinois and a desire to welcome your fellow Illini!
What are the benefits of being an OL?
- Compensation for time worked at the rate of $12/hr for NSP orientation programming starting in June to August 2021
- Course credit for the OL Leadership course (LEAD 140) in the Spring semester
- Personal and professional relationships with faculty, staff, and making lasting friendship with other students
- Opportunities to develop communication, problem solving, and leadership skills while enhancing your employment marketability and career opportunities
- New Student Programs uniform(s) and apparael
The 2021 Orientation Leader Application closes at 11:59pm CST on Monday, November 23rd. After you submit your application, sign-up for your virutal interview here. Don't miss out on an opportunity to Be A Leader, and Join A Legacy at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Assistant Director of New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Illini Pride,