Please be advised of reduced operating hours during Spring Break. These hours will be in effect from Saturday, March 16 - Sunday, March 24. Please see below for specifics or visit our website
for specific hours and dates.
- CRCE: CLOSED
- ARC: MON-FRI 6 am - 9 pm; SAT-SUN 11 am - 9 pm
- ARC Indoor Pool: DAILY 11 am - 2 pm; 5-8 pm
- Adventure Center & Climbing Wall: DAILY 3-7 pm
- Complex Fields: CLOSED
- Outdoor Center: MON-FRI 9 am - Sunset; SAT-SUN Noon - Sunset *weather permitting*
- Bike Center: CLOSED
- Ice Arena:
- FRI, MAR 15: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm
No evening public skate.
- SAT, MAR 16: CLOSED
- SUN, MAR 17: CLOSED
- MON, MAR 18: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm
- TUE, MAR 19: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm
- WED, MAR 20: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm; Freestyle 2-3:30 pm
- THU, MAR 21: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm; Stick & Puck – 2-3:30 pm
- FRI, MAR 22: Lunch Skate – 11:15 am-12:45 pm
- SAT, MAR 23: CLOSED
- SUN, MAR 24: Freestyle – 5-6:30 pm; Rat Hockey – 7-8:30 pm
Help Us Determine Campus Rec Facility Needs
Thank you for taking the time to help Campus Recreation collect necessary feedback to help determine the needs of our members and users.
This survey is here for you to tell us about your experiences utilizing Campus Recreation facilities. This survey can take as little as 30 seconds if you haven’t used our facilities or longer depending on how much time you spend with us.
Your feedback is essential to shape future planning and decisions and create stronger relations.
Take the survey.
2018-19 Jesse "Tony" Clements Scholarship Award Winner
The Jesse "Tony" Clements Scholarship is an award at Campus Recreation in remembrance of the great Tony Clements who was the longtime Director of Campus Recreation. This year's scholarship winner is Elyse Standard, a Junior in the RST program, working for Campus Recreation for three years. She is currently the Program Assistant for the Event Management department. We are honored to have such a dedicated and hardworking individual working for our department. If you see Elyse, please congratulate her on this great accomplishment!
Spring Break Locker Unavailability at CRCE
Members with a CRCE rental locker can take advantage of a day-use locker at ARC while CRCE is closed. Please remember to return your items to your rental locker at CRCE no later than Tuesday, March 26, 2019.
Limited Parking, Increased Traffic, Limited Gym Usage
- March 23: IIAA Basketball Tournament; ARC Gym 1 will be unavailable the entire day.
- March 29-31: IlliniTHON; ARC Gym 1 will be unavailable starting at 5 pm through 7 pm on March 31; Increased traffic throughout the facility. Limited parking all day Saturday, March 30.
- March 30: Badminton Sport Club Tournament; ARC Gym 3; No badminton reservations will be available from March 30 at 9am through March 31 at 5 pm.
- April 2: County Elections; ARC MP7; Increased traffic in the facility while polls are open from 6 am-7 pm.
- April 6: Special Olympics Aquatic Competition; ARC Indoor Pool North end lanes; Increased traffic in the facility; Limited parking; North end of ARC indoor pool will be unavailable from 10 am-3 pm.
- April 6: Registered Organization Volleyball Tournaments; ARC Gym 2 unavailable all day.
- April 11: Illini Career & Internship Fair; ARC Gym 1 & MP1; Increased traffic in facility from Noon-6 pm; Limited parking.
Spring Intramural Registration Open
Join in a sport for Intramurals this Spring!
Registration is going on now through March 27. The season runs March 31-April 18. Sign up for one of the following sports and have some competitive fun with classmates, friends, staff and more!
- Ice Hockey
- 4 on 4 Flag Football
- Innertube Waterpolo
- Outdoor Soccer
- Sand Volleyball
- Ultimate Frisbee
Group Fitness - Bring Your Buddy for FREE Week & Mid Semester Passes
Current group fitness pass holders can bring a buddy to any group fitness class for free from Monday, March 25 - Sunday, March 31! (Offer valid for classes that do not require reservations. Classes that require reservations are not eligible for Bring a Buddy for Free Week.)
Campus Rec will also offer a Mid-Semester Group Fitness Pass for $30 starting on March 25 that can be purchased at ARC or CRCE Member Services.
Group Fitness Class Schedule
Instructional Kitchen Classes & Workshops
Spring Instructional Cooking Classes
All cooking classes will be located in the ARC Instructional Kitchen from 5:30-7 pm. Please register at Member Services 72 hours before the scheduled class. Classes are $10 each.
Non-members (bring your friends): $15
Breakfast for Dinner - March 27
Sustainable Eating - April 3
Sushi 2.0 - April 9
Cooking with Superfoods - April 10
Vegan and Vegetarian Cuisine - April 16
Instagrammable Eats - April 22
View more details online.
No Weights, No Worries - FREE!
Bring a friend or make a new one and learn how to work out without weights. We will be demonstrating partner exercises and the benefits of working out as a pair. Participants will receive a free resistance band that can travel with you wherever you go.
First come, first serve.
Date: April 4
Time: 5:30–7 pm
Location: ARC MP7
Workshop Capacity: 20 STUDENTS
Lifeguard Certification Courses
Become lifeguard certified and receive CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid training. We also offer opportunities for currently certified lifeguards to further develop aquatic skill sets and become lifeguard instructors.
Get certified now, work this summer! Employees certified by Campus Recreation can earn up to $200 back on the initial cost of the certification!
Lifeguard positions start at $10/hour and flexible scheduling. Swim Instructor positions are also available. For more information for dates and times, please visit the Aquatics web page.
Climbing Clinics, Events and Hours at ARC
Our Climbing Wall is a huge attraction here at ARC! Be sure to sign up for our climbing wall clinics and classes this spring.
Top-Rope Belay Endorsement Clinic:
Lead Climbing & Belay Endorsement Clinic:
Youth Climbing Clinic:
Climbing class information, fee, and registration.
Learn how to scuba dive! Instruction includes details about gear and equipment, water entries, surface dives, use of mask, fins, and snorkel, the science of scuba diving, and in-the-pool training with tanks. This class covers two of the three phases required to receive your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The first phase covered is the e-Learning (book learning) phase, and the second phase is the pool (confined water) phase. The remaining phase is the Open Water dives (checkout dives) that will be conducted through Midwest Scuba Center at a later date after the first two phases are completed.
Session 4: April 1, 3, 4, 8, 10, and 11
Members & Non-members: $295