Make it a Great Semester!
Punxsutawney Phil could not find his shadow this year, so you know what that means...an early Spring! Visit our website to see Spring Semester hours for all buildings and programs including ARC, Bike Center, Climbing Wall, Indoor Pool, CRCE Aquatic Center and more!
Spring Mid-Semester Memberships
Still need a membership? We've got you covered! Spring mid-semester memberships will go on sale Saturday, February 15. For more information, visit our Member Services webpage.
Increased Traffic, Limited Parking & Limited Gym Usage Dates
Wheelchair Basketball Tournament
Feb 15 – 16
ARC: Gym 1, MP1
Gym 1 courts 4 – 6 unavailable all day Friday and Saturday
Wild Bill Classic
Water Polo Club Tournament
Feb 21 – 23
ARC: Indoor Pool
Indoor pool well and north lanes unavailable starting Friday at 5pm – Sunday at 6pm
UIUC Badminton Tournament
Feb. 29 – March 1
ARC: Gym 3 – All Badminton Courts
No badminton reservations available from 9am, Saturday, Feb. 29 – 5pm, Sunday, March 1
County Elections – Polling Place
March 2 – March 17
Increased traffic in the facility while polls are open from 6am-7pm on March 17.
IIAA State Basketball Tournament
ARC: Gym 1 unavailable the entire day.
ARC: Gym 1, MP1
Gym 1 unavailable starting at 5pm, March 27 – 7pm, March 29
Increased traffic in the facility. Limited parking available all day Saturday, March 28
Instructional Cooking Classes & Workshops
Instructional Cooking Classes
- February 13: Healthy Valentine's Day
- February 19: Sushi 1.0
- February 25: Warm Winter Classics Cooking Demo
- February 26: Cooking with Coffee
- March 3: Thai Cuisine
- March 11: Spring Baking
- March 24: Brunch for a Bunch
- April 3: Afternoon Tea
- April 5: Mom and Me Acai
- April 8: Mediterranean Cuisine
- April 15: Mexican Cuisine
- April 21: A Squeeze of Lemon Cooking
- April 22: Italian Cuisine
- April 28: More Veggies, Less Problems
Upcoming Wellness Workshop
- FREE Canvas Painting Party
- February 18
- 6-7 p.m.
- ARC Instructional Kitchen
* Only good for the first 20 people. First come, first served.
Group Fitness Certifications
Instructor Course Certifications
Become a LesMills Instructor for just $140 - Nearly half the LesMills price!
Campus Recreation is looking for instructors. Join the tribe!
- BodyAttack (2/29-3/1)
- BodyPump (3/7-3/8)
- BodyCombat (4/18-4/19)
All certifications will be held at the ARC from 8 am - 6 pm.
To register, please visit https://www.lesmills.com/us/instructors/instructor-training/
Get your R.I.P.P.E.D Certification
Resistance. Interval. Power. Plyometrics. Endurance. Diet.
Designed to help everybody meet their ultimate fitness goals in a super fun group exercise environment.
- Saturday, February 22 from 9 am - 5 pm at ARC MP4
To register, please visit https://www.rippedplanet.com/trainings/university-of-illinois/
10% off registrations valid until the DAY BEFORE THE EVENT - Code: LA10 (first come, first serve)
ARC Climbing Wall Clinics and Classes
Learn how to scuba dive! Instruction includes details about gear and equipment, water entries, surface dives, use of mask, fins, and snorkel, the science of scuba diving, and in-the-pool training with tanks.
- This class covers one of the three phases required to receive your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The first phase is the eLearning (book learning) phase, and the second phase is the pool (confined water) phase. The remaining phase is the Open Water dives (checkout dives) that will be conducted through Midwest Scuba Center at a later date after the first two phases are completed. Register today!
- $295 for members and nonmembers *You will need to purchase your own mask, fins, and snorkel in addition to the above price.
- Any questions about equipment needs, classroom materials, or the clinic content should be directed to the instructor by calling (217)-352-3118 or emailing Alex Gentner at email@example.com. You can also visit the Midwest Scuba Center website for more information about scuba diving.
- January 22-February 3
- February 17-March 2
- March 30-April 13
- April 20-May 4
Campus Recreation LEADing the Way
Congratulations to the Fall 2019 and first ever LEAD Cohort! This group of Campus Recreation Student Employees spent the semester developing their leadership skills through experiential learning and engaging discussions. Each student earned a Campus Recreation leadership certificate for completing the program! These students explored their potential to lead change in the communities they are part of. LEAD is back for another semester this Spring!
Help us out and take our program survey!
The results of this survey will provide us with insights into your experiences utilizing Campus Recreation facilities. Your feedback is essential to shape future planning and decisions for the facilities. This survey will take between 1 and 30 minutes to complete based on your facility usage. Your responses are confidential.
Take the survey here!
Free Campus Bike Center Classes
The weather will be warming up soon, so be sure you and your bike are ready for it! Attend our FREE classes all semester long!
- Fix-a-Flat: 3/5, 4/3, 4/30
- Bike Maintenance 101: 3/26, 4/21
- Friday Rides: 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 5/1
Check out our website for more details and DON'T FORGET about our Campus Bike Center Grand Opening Event which will take place at our NEW LOCATION on April 24!
Learn-to-Skate Spring Session
Spring Learn-to-Skate registration is still open, so be sure to grab your spot today! Classes are offered on Saturday mornings, Monday evenings or Thursday evenings starting February 22. Register in person at the U of I Ice Arena or fax your completed form to 217-333-1307.