As the semester comes to a close...
...we want to remind you that we are here to support you through finals week. Come through for cookies, coffee, and studying, or to talk to any of our staff. We've got your back!
- Resource Corner
- News & Upcoming events
- CCUSC events
- Campus opportunities
- Community opportunities
- Find us online!
Winter Break Support
We know winter break can be a tough time for some folks. If you experience violence or need other types of support over the break, you are not alone, and help is available!
We have gathered a guide to resources for you, including housing and food sources. Find it on our website and as a PDF you can download and share.
Like many campus units, WLRC and the Campus Advocacy Network will be closed December 24 - January 1. Outside this break, advocates are available 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Contact us at (312) 413-8206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finals Week at WLRC
Through Friday, December 13, 2019
9:30am - 5pm
WLRC, 1101 W. Taylor St., Suite 310
Need a warm, quiet place to study this week? Come to WLRC! We'll have coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and fresh-baked cookies--hot out of the oven!
We have tables and chairs in our programming room, plus overstuffed armchairs and couches in our main area. Come alone or with a group. Find your nook and make our center your home this week!
2019-2020 WLRC Tuition Award Recipients
One of the ways WLRC promotes gender equity and inclusion at UIC is by addressing the financial obligations and barriers that prevent women students from reaching their educational goals and fully benefiting from their academic achievements. We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019-2020 WLRC Tuition Award:
- Helen Abera (senior, sociology)
- Gurleen Kaur (junior, computer science)
- Emoonah McClerklin (senior, psychology & sociology)
- Jeyra Rivera-Arocha (junior, mechanical engineering)
- Makiz Salehzai (sophomore, teaching of English)
- Rashida Thompson (sophomore, biological sciences)
- Catherine Williams (junior, civil engineering)
Global Youth Ambassadors Leadership Program: Apply Now!
We are thrilled to partner once again with Chicago Sister Cities International (CSCI) to host the Global Youth Ambassadors Leadership Program, which is open to teenage girls, ages 14-16, from Chicago and its 29 international sister cities.
Summit dates: July 11-18, 2020
Application deadline: January 27, 2020
UIC's Centers for Cultural Understanding and Social Change are all here to support you during finals week! Coming up:
African-American Cultural Center
- Hot Breakfast: Mon, Dec. 9 - Wed, Dec. 11
- Extended Open Study: Mon, Dec. 9 - Wed, Dec. 11
- Wellness Wednesday: Wed, Dec. 11
Arab American Cultural Center
- Finals De-Stress and Study: Mon, Dec. 9 - Fri, Dec. 13
Asian American Cultural Center
- Movie Night: Detective Pikachu: Wed, Dec. 11
Disability Cultural Center
- Study Hall at the DCC: Mon, Dec. 9 - Fri, Dec. 13
- Study Breaks: Mon, Dec. 9 - Wed, Dec. 11; Fri, Dec. 13
- Winter Party Study Break: Thu, Dec. 12
Gender and Sexuality Center
- Relax at the GSC: Mon, Dec. 9 - Fri, Dec. 13
Latino Cultural Center
- Finals Study Space & Open Computer Lab: Mon, Dec. 9 - Fri, Dec. 13
Spring Class: US491: Internship Experience in Urban Studies
Intern with Native Community Organizations in Chicago
Students will gain insight on the urban Native/Indigenous population in Chicago and valuable knowledge on community-based programs centered on health, wellness, education, and culture. Must be junior/senior (exceptions for work experience), have interest in Native populations, and attend pre-training session. For more info, contact Cynthia Soto at email@example.com.
Have you checked out our new website? We'll be adding tons of useful content throughout the semester, so be sure to bookmark us!
Get social with us!
We post regularly on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.