Click here to see this online
test image

A monthly PCH Resident Newsletter brought to you by the Housing Information Office

September 2014
Welcome home!

We hope you are getting settled in to your new home away from home!  We will be sending you newsletters in the coming months with information about events at the University, as well as the community, that may be of interest to you.  We hope you can use this information to find new experiences to explore during your time here!

Online Voter Registration

If you would like to vote in Champaign County, and you live in a Private Residence Hall, you will need one of the following to register to vote:

  • State issued photo ID/ driver’s license with current local address.
  • Bank statement with current local address.
  • Paycheck with current local address.
  • Any government issued document with current local address.
  • A College issued photo ID with a copy of a lease or any mail showing the delivery address.

If you do not have one of the above, you can request a full provisional ballot. For further information, contact the Champaign County Clerk, or register online.


All personal bicycles on the Illinois campus should be registered at your Residence Hall/ House, as well as with the University Police Department. It's free and easy to complete, click HERE to submit online.

Don’t have a bike? You can rent one at the University YMCA– learn more about Y-Cycles HERE.


There are a number of NEW dining options to explore here on campus. From meals in your dining hall, to meals on the go, there are so many choices no matter what time of day. Keep an eye out for Food Trucks on Twitter- you can find the Hendrick House Food Truck @hh_food and the University of Illinois Food Truck @Good2GoTruck. Remember, you can dine at any University Residence Hall/ Good to Go location with your I -Card, just click BUY EXTRA CREDITS on the University Dining webpage. Walk-in meals are also available at Private Certified Housing Residence Halls.

MTD Saferides

If you are walking at night follow these guidelines from the Public Safety Department:

  • Don't walk alone
  • Stay in well-lit areas
  • Do not draw attention to yourself or your group, especially as you make your way home from bars
  • Disconnect from your iPod or mp3 player
  • Put your mobile phone away and pay attention to your surroundings
  • If something does not look right or your gut instincts say that you should cross the street, follow your gut
  • When you go out at night, have fun, but do not get so inebriated that you misbehave, have poor judgment, or become a target of crime
  • Most importantly, use your common sense!

If you find yourself in a situation where you need transport, take advantage of two services provided for the campus community: SafeWalks andSafeRides

SafeWalks is a courtesy service provided to University of Illinois students, faculty, or staff, so that they do not have to walk alone within the campus area.  Contact them at: (217) 333-1216.

SafeRides is an MTD service that provides safe transportation for individuals who are generally traveling alone when no other means of safe transportation is available.  Contact them at: (217) 265-7433

SAFERIDES and SAFEWALKS contact information is on the back of your ICARD!


UNIVERSITY HOUSING INFORMATION OFFICE University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Mail: 100 Clark Hall, MC-548 | Office: 100 Clark Hall

1203 S. Fourth Street | Champaign, IL 61820-6982

Phone: (217) 333-1420 | Fax: (217) 244-7073 |


Did you know September is NATIONAL SNACK MONTH?  Find a new a friend and a new place to snack this month!