Sent on behalf of the COE Return to On-site/Transition Committee:
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Graduate Students:
The Return to On-site/Transition Committee understands that, with the campus' decision to resume in-person activity at certain levels this fall, many questions and concerns about health and safety exist.
The Administrative Operations Subcommittee has been working closely with Facilities & Services, following guidelines provided by campus, CU-PHD, and the CDC. Ahead of the Return to On-site/Transition Committee's full report and guidance next week, and keeping in mind the information provided in yesterday's Fall 2020 Instruction/Academics report, please consider the following while planning for fall:
- Classroom capacity will be heavily reduced.
- Sanitizing supplies will be provided for each classroom, and instructors will be required to clean the area after each in-person class.
- Sanitizing supplies will also be available for each departmental office, conference room, and building entryway for use by the associated personnel.
- Classroom capacities, required layouts, and entry/exit instructions will be posted outside each classroom door.
- The majority of common areas will be unusable.
- Masks will be provided to faculty, staff, and students by the College.
- Face shields are approved personal protective equipment (PPE), but will not be provided by the College.
- Plexiglass is being installed in reception areas and between desks that are in close proximity of each other or shared workspaces.
- We anticipate that the majority of staff will continue working remotely this fall.
As the safety of the College community remains the highest priority, we hope that these and additional measures will minimize risk of virus transmission while providing an opportunity to maintain some level of face-to-face instruction.
On Monday, June 29, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will host an online COVID-19 Briefing at 11:00 a.m. CDT. This briefing on Cleaning, Safety and Building Operations is the latest in the university’s COVID-19 Briefing Series.
Again, the full Return to On-site/Transition Committee report from all subcommittees—including recommendations for Administrative Operations, Research, and Community Engagement—will be released next week.
COE Return to On-Site/Transition Committee
Administrative Operations Subcommittee