Welcome to the weekly 4-H Friday Blast! If you are a new or returning family, this email should keep you up-to-date and put some handy links at your fingertips every week (well... almost). Subscribe or Unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the email.
Happy Friday 4-H Families!
Congratulations to eveyone on a successful Fair! We are so proud of the incredible effort put into ALL the 4-H projects this year. Thank you to all the volunteers that helped to put on a fantastic fair including 4-H members, leaders & families, 4-H Livestock Auction Committee, McHenry County Fair Association, McHenry County Farm Bureau and many more!
Congratulations on completing another successful 4-H year!
All activity/event guidelines may be subject to change at any time pending reevaluation by the University or Extension.
- Aug 15 - Illinois 4-H State Fair judging, Springfield, IL - GOOD LUCK!
- Aug 21 - STYX Concert - MC4-HY Foundation Grand Stand fundraiser - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Aug 31 - Last day of the 2020-2021 4-H Year
- Sept 1 - First day of the NEW 4-H Year
- Sept 3 - End of Year paperwork due to the Extension office. Includes Treasurer, Secretary, Leader reports, and Experience Award applications.
- Sept 15 - Project records due for review, EXCEL Award applications due
- Sept TBD - Leaders meeting
- Sept/Oct - Open House TBD
- Oct 1 - Henry Marlowe, Sally Harrison and Emerald & Diamond Experience Award applications due
- Oct 3-9 - National 4-H Week
- Oct/Nov - Recognition Awards
End of the Year Information
Note: download fillable files to your device BEFORE typing or information may be lost.
2020/2021 4-H Experience Award applications, Secretary Record Book, and Treasurer Record Book are due by September 3, 2021 to the Extension Office OR uploaded to BOX. 4-H club Secretary and Treasurer should complete their books and submit the NEWEST version in a timely manner. The Extension office must have the leader’s end of the year packet, treasury book, and secretary book in order to open 4-H Online enrollment for 2021-2022.
Please use ONLY the NEW revised versions of ALL forms found on the STATE website: https://4h.extension.illinois.edu/clubs/fiscal-resource-resources
End of Year Report Instructions – links to files & uploads for electronic files
2021 Award Recognition dates & deadlines – links to awards and submission links for the following and more!
- The Individual Experience Award application is a fillable pdf form so it is quick & easy for members to complete. Most 4-H members will achieve at minimum the Bronze level.
- Project records are not required for the Experience Awards, however, we will continue to recognize OUTSTANDING records for those that choose to complete their records at county level at this time.
- Illinois 4-H Awards will be recognized at County level as well as State level. Individuals 15-18 yrs. may choose to only participate at State level without applying at county level. Please read the application requirements carefully.
McHenry County 4-H Youth Foundation
Calling all hands on deck!
The McHenry County 4-H Youth Foundation is going to be working at the Grandstand Food Booth on August 21st for the STYX concert that is coming to the Fairgrounds. This event is taking the place of our major fundraiser that we were unable to hold this past spring. In order to make this a successful event we are in need of around 50 volunteers to help work the food booth, the satellite stations, popcorn sales in the grandstands, and the 50/50 raffle.
Volunteers can be 4-H members accompanied with an adult, 4-H parents/volunteers, or any friends or family members who may want to participate. You will have the opportunity to listen to an amazing concert while helping the Foundation reach their yearly donation goal to the 4-H program.
To volunteer for this concert, please click on the link: https://forms.gle/ku7oPTGmQK74UTBN6
This link will collect your contact information and let you pick a job you would like to volunteer for. Volunteers for the jobs of "Money Takers" or "Cashiers" have to be at least 18 years old. For most of the jobs we are asking volunteers to check in at the Grandstand Food Booth at 3:00 pm. This will allow us to check everyone in, go over every job's role during the evening and serve a volunteer lunch before we start working.
Please consider volunteering for this amazing opportunity. Our fundraisers would not be successful or possible without the support and help from volunteers such as yourself. We appreciate all that you do to help the 4-H program and look forward to seeing you at the concert.
The McHenry County 4-H Youth Foundation