Effective immediately, all non-essential visitors, including F&S employees without pre-authorization, will *not* be allowed into Abbott Power Plant and the other Campus Chilled Water System regional plants. This decision is part of our ongoing response efforts to reduce possible exposure to COVID-19 and other viral diseases on campus.
Chiller Plants Affected
Oak Street Chiller Plant
North Campus Chiller Plant
Library Air Conditioning Center Chiller Plant
Veterinary Medicine Chiller Plant
Animal Science Air Chiller Plant
Chemistry & Life Sciences Laboratory Chiller Plant
This precautionary step includes suspending indefinitely all tours, sales calls, personal visits, and any trips to these facilities without prior approval of the Abbott Power Plant contacts listed below. Contractors performing any project work in these buildings are allowed.
Additionally, all F&S staff should severely limit their contact with utilities production personnel to only essential activities until further notice. This does *not* include the custodial services performed by Building Service Workers (BSWs) to clean and sanitize facilities or any service work required to support the continued operation of the plants.
If you have questions, please contact Mike Larson email@example.com, 493-7157, Jeff Davis firstname.lastname@example.org, 300-5803, or Russ Reynolds email@example.com, 369-1542.
Everyone on campus can help take precautionary measures by following the everyday preventive actions for limiting the transmission of viral diseases recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Links to this information, other resources, and answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 illness are available at http://covid19.illinois.edu.
Dr. Mohamed Attalla, MBA, P.Eng.
Executive Director, Facilities & Services