If you are receiving this message, the Office for Student Conflict Resolution’s records indicate that, as of this morning, you are noncompliant with the university’s COVID-19 testing requirement. This is a serious matter and requires your immediate attention. We have already begun to investigate students who are not compliant with testing, and we will continue to do so as long as this requirement is in place. In fact, you may also be contacted by a university Case Coordinator soon regarding your status; if that happens, you should also follow their directions. If you have been tested in the last few days, you may ignore this message. However, if you have not been tested in the last few days, you must follow the instructions below:
- If you are in the Champaign-Urbana area, you must get tested immediately at one of the university’s testing sites.
- If you have temporarily left the Champaign-Urbana area, you must get tested as soon as you return. If you are contacted directly by a case coordinator in the meantime, you should explain your situation to them.
- If you have left the Champaign-Urbana area for the rest of the semester, you must update your Student Location information in Self-Service. Instructions for doing so are provided at the end of this message. Be aware that providing false information to the university is a serious violation that could impact your continuing status as a student and will lead to disciplinary action.
- Do not reply to this message or contact the Office for Student Conflict Resolution or the Office of the Dean of Students in response to this message. Simply follow the instructions above (and if applicable, below). If you are contacted directly by a case coordinator, they will be ready and willing to answer your questions.
Justin M. Brown
Associate Dean of Students
Director, Office for Student Conflict Resolution
Instructions for entering your Student Location into the Student Self-Service portal:
- In Self-Service, select “University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.”
- Log in using your NetID and Password.
- In the Main Menu, select “Personal Information.”
- In the Personal Information menu, select “Addresses & Phones.”
- In the dropdown for “Type of Address to Insert,” select “Student Location” then click “Submit.”
- Use the current date (in MM/DD/YYYY format) as the “Valid From This Date,” and 12/31/2020 for the “Until This Date” field.
- Complete the Address Lines 1-3 to the best of your ability. Address Line 1 is a required field that should include your location street name and number. If you don’t know a specific apartment number, for example, you can leave Address Lines 2 and/or 3 blank.
- Input the City of your location and select the appropriate State or Province from the drop-down. The ZIP or Postal Code and County fields will populate automatically based on City and State or Province. If your location is international, not in the U.S. or Canada, you can enter your nation first, then please provide a complete postal address including street, city and postal code where applicable.
- Once you have completed the remaining fields to the best of your ability (phone information is not required), click “Submit.”
- You can then exit Self-Service by clicking “EXIT” in the upper-right corner.